Thursday, April 19, 2012

R is for Russia

I have many Russian blog followers.  In fact, Russia is my second largest group of supporters, with the UK, France and Australia following, in that order.  Why, I've asked myself?  I do not know the answer.  I do know I'm delighted to have them.


Moscow Kremlin at Night
The Kremlin
Moscow
Although I've not been to Russia, my son, Colin Stewart, has.  He still speaks of the beauty of the Kremlin in Moscow, the treasures of the Hermitage in St.Petersburg and the friendliness of the people everywhere.  I would love to see it for myself.

While living in London, we had (and still have) good friends from Moscow.  It was always fun to hear their tales of living in the capital and their trips throughout the vast country.  Hearing them always made us want to visit, and someday we will. 

The Hermitage
St. Petersburg
Until then, I'll check my blog stats that show, among other things, the number of visitors from each country.  I'll continuing wondering, as I do now, what brings them to my blog.  (It is translated into Russian, and that may make a difference.)

Please, some of you followers from Russia, let me know why you visit.  Do know that I am so happy you're here.  And, please, keeping visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Well I'm from the bottom of the world, Australia, not Russia. I'd love to visit there one day. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, hello. Nice to meet you! Enjoyed your blog!

      Delete
  2. Haha, that's so cool! My dad was a Russian major and Dostoevsky is one of my favorite writers ever. I'd love to visit some day.

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Passing from the A to Z and I too have a lot of followers from Russia. I can work it out because I cant believe my blog would make any sense in Russian

    ReplyDelete