Monday, April 29, 2013

The Wonderful, Glorious, Awesome Downtown Tampa Sunday Market!

Yesterday was the most beautiful spring day in Tampa.  The weather was perfect, sunny and warm.  Real tropical weather without a trace of humidity.  It was a terrific foil for the Downtown Tampa Sunday Market!

I was asked if I wanted to have a booth to sell my books.  I decided to do it and am so glad I did.  This was my first experience attending the market.  It will not be my last.

Downtown Tampa
Not only did my books get sold, I met many lovely people and saw lots of friends.  I bought the freshest of fruits and vegetables, ate various yummy foods, including French pastries and drank freshly squeezed lemonade all day.  Heaven.

I believe it is such a good thing to support one's local establishments.  Doing so helps make the whole economy healthy.  Buying locally grown produce etc. is a fast growing trend all over the U.S., and Tampa is no exception.  Many restaurants nationwide are doing the same, featuring locally grown meats and produce on their menus.

Nancy and Louie
 Downtown Tampa is a bustling place all week, and the Sunday Market brings so many families to stroll, eat and buy goods from the various vendors.

There is always live music, and yesterday was no exception.  Show tunes wafted over the crowds, making everything all the more festive.


Friend and Fellow Author
Shannon Hitchcock
The film Annie was playing across the courtyard at the Tampa Cinema.  Kids of all ages poured into the area and eagerly chattered in line, waiting to go inside.  My year old puppy, Louie, loved it when the kids appeared, and he could get all the petting his heart desired.

All this to say, do support your local activities.  Your friends and neighbors will appreciate it, and it's so good for the soul to get out and meet and great people.  I am so glad I went to the market yesterday.  Oh, yes.  And sold books, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment