Friday, April 29, 2011

Visitors From All Over This Orb

I feel so blessed.  Many people from numerous countries have found their way to this blog.  I am grateful and humble as well. 

Earth Fron Space
(NASA Flat Map)
While I don't know who you are, I do know from which countries you come.  And you are from everywhere.  Argentina to Belarus to the Czech Republic to India to Malaysia to Russia to the United Kingdom and so many other countries are represented. Welcome to this blog!

We are a small neighborhood, this village Earth.  We must be a caring community, where needs are met and people are valued, no matter their race, religion or gender.

Why can't this happen?  It is such a simple concept. 

The reality, of course, is a different matter--complex, multifaceted and fraught with borders and protectionism.  I know that. 

But as I receive statistics showing the myriad places from which readers come, I am heartened.  Why?  Because we are all human, most of us with the requisite amount of goodness it takes to make our home a habitable, safe place once again.  And if we all, or at least some of us try, we surely will succeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment